Thursday, January 17, 2008

Daily Prayer

"Living Discipleship," our pastoral initiative for 2008, is now underway. My colleague, Brian, preached about Daily Prayer last Sunday. For those of you who are embracing the six marks of discipleship, I hope that your experience of this first emphasis on prayer this week is going well.
In addition to my own prayers, and shared prayer-time with my husband, there are several other resources I use each day. I find they help me get out of my own little life and expand my perspective. One of these resources is the ELCA's Prayer Ventures, which I have emailed to me every day. I'm also going to add Prayer Ventures to the sidebar to the right of these posts.
Today's prayer is very simple, and yet profound: Pray for the courage and strength to live in ways that honor the image of God in all people.
Imagine, remembering that ALL people bear God's image, and living accordingly. And then imagine if all of us managed to do that. The world would change. I know my life would certainly be different. And most probably better.

No comments: